• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Introduction

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Please have a look around the forums and then post your queries in the most appropriate ones and someone will try to answer them.

Good luck with your research.

Dave

Hi

My name is Charlie Hardingham, I'm 54 and a radiologist.

Some of the previous generation of my family were interested in family history and put together family trees, I am trying to get it all together, make sense of it and carry on where time permits. Very much a beginner.

I have a young family so time for personal hobbies is limited, but there is such a lot available on the internet which wasn't available a few years ago, both in terms of what has been digitised and indexed, and the ability to link up with others.

Regards

Charlie

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Charlie and welcome to the Forum.

Please have a look around the forums and then post your queries in the most appropriate ones and someone will try to answer them.

Good luck with your research.

Dave

sharkey

Hello Ardath,

It seems that you and I already have a common ancestral link to the Ward-Bond family from Staffordshire, UK... as your Pamela Ward (married Samuel Bond) from Rocester, Staffs, UK ... is the elder sister to my ancestor, Thomas Ward.... and the other eleven siblings!

That aside - if I can help in any way with your UK searches - being in the UK and moreover in Lancashire myself - then please - just ask where I may be of some additional use!

With all best regards,

Allen Ward
Blackburn, UK

Hi,

I am Ray Hatter in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, and my parents came from Bethnal Green, Leyton, Woodford, and surrounding areas of London. In fact, nearly all my ancestors seem to trace back to these areas. and most were in furniture making, woodworking, and similar occupations.

I am a senile old s*d, retired, and have spent a fair amount of time tracing my family history, and found this site purely by accident.

I originally used log-in name as Ray H simply because I do not like leaving my name on websites, but having since thought about it, it is obviously necessary here on this site for anyone trying to do research. So now you know who I am.

Not too sure what else to add. My interests are family history (obviously), computing, classic cars, growing fruit, and various other thing which seem to take up more and more of my time.

Hello

I am after some advice on how to find my father. I was adopted from birth and have traced my birth mother. This was a very unsuccessful meeting and we have no contact now. I am very interested to find my birth father. I have limited information which includes his name, R.A.F number and date of birth. I have tried to find information online but most sites want payment and i have limited funds. Please please please could someone give me some guidance as im a total beginner.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hello

I am after some advice on how to find my father. I was adopted from birth and have traced my birth mother. This was a very unsuccessful meeting and we have no contact now. I am very interested to find my birth father. I have limited information which includes his name, R.A.F number and date of birth. I have tried to find information online but most sites want payment and i have limited funds. Please please please could someone give me some guidance as im a total beginner.

Hi,

As he may well still be alive we have to be careful with what information we post on the open forum due to privacy acts.
If you post a thread in our Private Sensitive forum it will allow you to post your father's details with only our members able to view it.

lyn somebody

Hi,
I am also a newby. I was born in Adelaide and live mainly around Mt Compass, Victor Harbor. We presently live in a beautiful part of Queensland - Hervey Bay. I am 56 (where do the years go?). I have been with my husband for 37years. We have two boys in their 20s. One is a boomerang and the other is an apprentice for a Qld mining company. I have had a few hats. My main one being a mother. We had a business doing small property developments in S.A., I studied horticulture. I am a teacher, but just do relief work now.

I like travelling around Australia and love fishing.

My mother started compiling our family history many years ago- she started with the easy side! She has handed over to me English side.
When I get to my father's side, I think it may be quite difficult. I believe he was born in Lancashire and had an American father. It will be a while until I get to that though.

I do like the idea of sharing. Like others, I don't really want to have to spend too much money.

I hope I can weave my way through all the information.

Cheers Everyone

Lyn

romany rose

Valued Member
Hi Lyn
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum,we are has you will find out a friendly helpful group,
take time to look at all the forums then post away in the relevant ones-it makes it easier for us to help you.
Looking forward to getting to know you
Romany Rose x

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member

Hi
My name is Amanda and live in Essex, although, my ancestors seem to come from everywhere but here. I have been married for 34 years and I've work for the NHS for 25 years and I suppose this is my main Hobbie.
I have subs to both Ancestry and Find my Past, and whilst they are both very helpful, there comes a point where neither seem to have the records I need. My father's family came from Spitalfields, Bethnal Green, Hackney, Mile End Old Town and various other places in the East End, some form Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. My mother's family were from Buckinghamshire, Lancashire, Lincolnshire and Wiltshire. Both sides have Irish Ancestry, whilst my father's has Huguenot as well....there is a posibility my mother also has Huguenot as well.
I have a name on my father's side which is possibly Sephardic Jewish, but could be European. My mother has Boswell as ancestor, which I have heard could be a Romany name, as this is a prolific name in the Romany community.
Bit of a mixture there, but that's what becomes of being born in London, everyone emigrated there for work, as they still do.

:eek::biggrin::eek:

MP57

MP57 - Introduction

Hello All... Just joined the forum... From Melbourne, Australia. I have been researching for nearly 20 years now.... Purcell, Saunders, Gorway, Organ, Forbes, Thompson, MacIntyre, Hillard and much more than you would care to read now.

Have many dead ends that slowly open up... sometimes... 17 Generations.. 1490 earliest... several in 15XX, many 16XX and most into 17XX.

Look forward to finding more through collaboration..

Cheers Milton

Hello

My name is Elizabeth Mathias and I'm looking for information about the Mathias and Davies families from Llanelli and the Willis family from Upton on Severn.

I can't find anything out about the Willis family after 1898 - which is when my grandma was born - even then I have two different dates.

The Mathias family is slightly easier to research, except that everyone seems to have the same name!