• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Invite to view my tree

On Ancestry Family tree, there is any invite family section.
I have invited many of my family to join me, in creating our tree. There is
only one problem, some were able to click on to the link and join the tree.
Others can not, I have tried several links for them to open my tree, without
success, please help, and show me what I can do.
:eek: Joyce

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Joyce,O0
My Cousin had a tree on the same site and invited me onto it to add some info, I found I couldn't get on to it until I registered with that site, which when I did I could gain access when I logged on, are all your friends logged as members? If not that could be the problem. I'm not saying it is the problem but it could be, hope thats been a bit of help. cheers sterico;)

Edward

Valued Member
Hi,

I have a tree on genes and if you want to view someone elses tree on the site you have to be a paying member not a free one so just registering with the site won't allow others to see your tree.

Also as free member you can only send messages to those who are paying members.

I haven't paid partly because I find the messages asking if some one it has found is a relative are sometimes from a census after their death.

I think that I must at some point join Ancestry though so far I haven't.

Ed

Hi,

I have a tree on genes and if you want to view someone elses tree on the site you have to be a paying member not a free one so just registering with the site won't allow others to see your tree.

Also as free member you can only send messages to those who are paying members.

I haven't paid partly because I find the messages asking if some one it has found is a relative are sometimes from a census after their death.

I think that I must at some point join Ancestry though so far I haven't.

Ed
Hello Ed
I also had my first tree on genes, but I subscribed to ancestry and found
it far more helpful, although I still keep my £7.50 yearly subs on genes,
the annual fee for Ancestry UK is well worth the money.
Good Luck in your research
Joyce

cazzand

I can't quite understand why the prices are so different I am a member on Genes and have found that very helpful being on a tight budget it is in my price range. I am sure if other sites reduce there yearly rate more people would join I for one.

Cazzand

Hi Just thought I would add to this. I am registered as a paid member of Genes and it is about £9 for 6 months now. I have found genes very useful and you can pay by cheque whereas there is no way of paying to join Ancestry without having a credit card and I do not use them
I also like the Findmypast site as you can by vouchers from the library for that.

Hope that helps someone.

ElwynB.

prefabkid

I have found Genes Reunited very useful in my searches and at reasonable cost.

It has connected me with numerous,hitherto unknown,members of my family and often researching other parts of my tree.

I have found the 'Hot Matches' facility particularly useful and of couse access to your tree is only with your permission.

Searching vital records I have used Ancestry.co.uk,an annual subscription giving me unlimited access (cheaper than 'pay per view',as I'm often finding myself being sidetracked!)