• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

irish birth certificates

From
England
hi, guys, need to get a birth certificate for an edward willis he was born in ireland on 28 nov 1920/21 married in hartlepool in april 1945 and died there sept 10 1984 but was north cleveland then . this is my husbands father and we know nothing about him at all, have got his marriage certif which lists his father as edward willis. i have never done any trees with irish rellys so all new to me. seems when i have been looking , it all goes on the county that you where born in , we know he was born in belfast, but other than that??????. suexx

hiya ,thanks for that, have had a look but dont know were to start, could i be cheeky and ask you to point me in the right direction.i need too get his birth certif to find out were he was born, so i can start the search ,.thanks ever so suexx

hiya ,thanks for that, have had a look but dont know were to start, could i be cheeky and ask you to point me in the right direction.i need too get his birth certif to find out were he was born, so i can start the search ,.thanks ever so suexx

Hi Sue,

Contact them, and see what is available.

You should also remember, that a lot of Irish records were destroyed between the years of 1916-1923 during the 'uprising' and civil war.
They are being reconstructed using church records, so keep at it.

Steve.:)

Hi

These sites are fascinating and I know I'll spend hours searching through them. However, I've tried the ifhf site numerous times before and unfortunately I have very popular Irish names, which doesn't help to narrow down the search for viewing...

Brilliant for people with less popular names though I would have thought.

hi, guys, need to get a birth certificate for an edward willis he was born in ireland on 28 nov 1920/21 married in hartlepool in april 1945 and died there sept 10 1984 but was north cleveland then . this is my husbands father and we know nothing about him at all, have got his marriage certif which lists his father as edward willis. i have never done any trees with irish rellys so all new to me. seems when i have been looking , it all goes on the county that you where born in , we know he was born in belfast, but other than that??????. suexx

Hi Sue,

You could try here.

http://www.groni.gov.uk/index/family-history.htm

Steve.:)

Back