• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Irish

Hi, I would post this question in the Irish section but the site says I am not logged in when I go to, which maybe part of my on going computer problems (could IE compatibility mode cause these probs?) anyway so as not to side track.

I have a Bridget Cronin Married to a William Cronin. Bridget is from Ireland. Williams (from England) dad is Daniel Cronin married to Ellen (unknown) and he is from Ireland but Bridgits is James Cronin. James married Julia Macadams. Both from Ireland. However I cannot find a comman link between James and Daniel and more recently the name Doyle for Bridgits last name has come up but with her dads name Cronin I have come to a halt. I thought the best way would be to find a marriage cert or banns, except for a William Cronin and a Bridget Dwyer...which only confused things more.

Would I need to get any marriage and birth stuff related to my Irish rellies from Ireland? if so then how far back (I know a lot got distroyed but dont know the years)

Bridget and William are my second great grandparents.