• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Is Familysearch broken?

gibbo

Loyal Member
Is familysearch broken or is it me :confused:

When i click on United Kingdom and Ireland as a birth place, Chile and Bolivia etc come up as birth place.
If i click on Australia as a birth place Australian birth places come up.

Wonder why United Kingdom and Ireland isnt working properly and them other places come up :confused:

Anyone else had problems?

emeltee

Loyal Member
It was working OK for me this a.m. I put in England and Cumberland and that is what I got. Not that I found what I wanted. Why is the coverage of Cumberland so poor?

Emeltee

Dudley

It was working OK for me this a.m. I put in England and Cumberland and that is what I got. Not that I found what I wanted. Why is the coverage of Cumberland so poor?

Emeltee
I suspect it may be to do with boundary changes etc. Cumberland is Cumbria now, and parts of what is now Cumbria were Lancashire (Barrow for instance), could be worth broadening the search.

emeltee

Loyal Member
My search couldn't get any broader. I have given up putting a county in and just search in England but unfortunately the places I want were definitely in the old county of Cumberland and have never been in Lancashire.

Emeltee

Is familysearch broken or is it me :confused:

When i click on United Kingdom and Ireland as a birth place, Chile and Bolivia etc come up as birth place.
If i click on Australia as a birth place Australian birth places come up.

Wonder why United Kingdom and Ireland isnt working properly and them other places come up :confused:

Anyone else had problems?
Know what you mean, I usually have to redo the United kingdom bit a couple of times before it gets off America and Canada.
I value that site as it has given me such a breakthrough on my search.