• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

It had been such a good day then..

duckweed

Loyal Member
I thought great. The sun was shining if a little cold. Found a new ancestor my brother hadn't found in his 20 years of looking. And Ancestor left a lot of money and a will so possibly will transcript explaining family relationships.

I went to the local studies section asked for something I had seen in the online catalogue. She found it in 30 secs. Gosh she says that never happens.

The document proved to be even better than I thought loads of useful info and their photocopier copied the map for me. Its usually broken.

On the way home worked my way through all the little jobs that needed doing.

when I got home there was a late Christmas present and also my new software for Family Tree Maker which was incredibly cheap and gives me 6 months free wordwide searching. Loaded programme and then clicked to activate. It asked for my bank card and bank card is nowhere to be seen.

So now have had to phone bank and cancel card and will have to reset some of my accounts and can't activate my new free search.

I knew it was too good to be true.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
It's called the law of averages. :)

The random thing is that different events at different times take longer to average out. :rolleyes:

duckweed

Loyal Member
More like Murphy's law if you ask me.

I was about to put a whole lot of old books on sale online to finance my genealogy habit but will have to wait a week to reset my selling account.

duckweed

Loyal Member
Oh well always nice to be one up on my big brother. You know what big brothers can be like. But he has checked my info and we now have a new relative on our family tree.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I told my eldest brother(he phoned on Wednesday), that he lives 200 yards from where our 2xGrandfather was baptised. And where our 2xGt,Uncle was buried, along with his wife.

'Bu**er me, I've gone full circle'....was his reply. He lived in Widnes, Lancs for over 30 years, then moved to Muswell Hill in London, then back to Aylesbury, and then to Stoke Mandeville where our Gramps was baptised.:2fun::2fun:

Must be some sort of attraction there.:2fun:

Last edited:

duckweed

Loyal Member
Well my brother has definitely moved back to near our ancestral home.

He has been doing our family tree for a lot longer than me and gets quite snooty when I say I think I have found some new info so this time as it mentioned his brother at the funeral, his place of birth and 2 nephews also at the funeral I knew I was on safe ground.