• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Italian relatives

Dhdrounding

A little bit ,who/what are you looking for?

Ellie
Hi Ellie,
My father in laws mother Nilva Pinardi who was from Torino in Italy. I know she was born around 1929 and she married Fred Peel in Bradford UK in the 50s I think but unsure when she moved. I can't find her on the 1939 British census.

emeltee

Loyal Member
You said they married in the 50's so I was just confirming the date for you.

Did she ever take up British nationality? If she did the papers may tell you something of her background.

Emeltee

Dhdrounding

You said they married in the 50's so I was just confirming the date for you.

Did she ever take up British nationality? If she did the papers may tell you something of her background.

Emeltee
Thank you.

Honestly, I don't know. My father in law hasn't spoken to his mum in a very long time they don't have a great relationship.
Do you know how I would find this out?

emeltee

Loyal Member
I'm sorry but I've no idea. I have looked on the National Archives but nothing is showing up.

It might be worth Googling Italian Baptisms. There are bound to be some sites which may point you in the right direction as to where to look. You could try looking for a Record Office/Archives in Turin and contacting them. I've never had to look overseas for an ancestor so I'm as much in the dark as you are. Sorry.

Emeltee