• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

I've lost little Agnes

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
I've been unable to locate Agnes Cubbage after 1901. She was born 1900 Plumstead, Greater London. In 1901 she is with her father James Cubbage and stepmum Rose, thats the last sighting of her. She isnt with the family in 1911, nor is there a death or marriage for her. :confused:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Julie,

There is a tree on An***ry, who hints at Agnes Florence Cubbage, going to Canada.

Fathers name James Cubbage. c1873. Woolwich.
Mothers name Rose Deadman. c1873. Plumstead.

London birth and baptisms has her Ma, as Agnes Cubbage.

Steve.:)

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks Steve and Oznannie for your replies.

I've looked for Agnes in Canada still cant find her. Her mother died in 1900 dad James remarried and the family never went to Canada. James brother John did, but she isnt listed with them. I dont think she was a home child but could be wrong. I will look through the death indexes if she did die, it may have not been transcribed.

Found her brothers family on a tree on Ancestry, like to know why he was left behind in Ireland.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
I may have found Agnes death.

Agnes Florence Cubbage age 8 district Holborn.

Under the freebmd transcription the she is unde Cu_Bage. Quite sad that she died.

With the death being registered in Holborn I'm assuming she was in Great Ormond Street childrens hospital.

Last edited:
In the GRO index for the quarter ended Sept 1908 there is a death of a Agnes Florence Cubbage aged 8 which was registered in Holborn district ref: 18/288.

Could this be your Agnes?

John