• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

James B Dunn marriage to Bridget A Murphy

:confused:Hi there, looking for information with regard to the marriage and immigration of James B Dunn (1868 County Cavan Ireland- 1911 Brockton, MA) and Bridget Agnes Murphy (1868 County Monaghan - 1950 Brockton,MA).
Their children: (All born in Brockton, MA)
Mary Ann Dunn (1891-1953)
Thomas John Dunn (1892-1965)
Rose May Veronica Dunn (1895-1953)
Katie Ellen Dunn (1897-1970)
Alice Jane Dunn (1899-1900)
James Banners Dunn (1901-1975)
Agnes Bridget Dunn (1903-1995)
Arthur Joseph Dunn (1906-1908 )
Joseph Francis Dunn (1910-1994)

I have searched Ancestry, Family Search, among others online for a Marriage certificate and can find nothing.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Christi
--------------------------------
Hello
You could try looking at irishroots.com,I had a quick look at there is hundreds of County Cavan records including marriges on there
Happy Hunting
Romany Rose:)
--------------------------------
Hiya had a quick look and found these
outgoing passenger lists from Liverpool to Boston U.S.A.

Mrs Bridget Agnes Dunn d.o.b.1868 departure year 1908 from port of Liverpool arriving at Boston U.S.A.onboard ship CYMERIC

ALSO
James Dunn departure Port of Liverpool arrival Boston U.S.A. departure year 1908 onboard ship CYMERIC

ALSO
Mary Ann Dunn departure from Port of Liverpool year 1908 aboard ship CYMERIC arrival destination Boston U.S.A.,aged 8 years travelling with James and Bridget Dunn

ALSO
Edward Dunn aged 15 ,departure 1908 from Port of Liverpool aboard ship CYMERIC destination Boston.U.S.A. aged 15 ,travelling with Bridget and James Dunn

ALSO
Domenie(Dominic) Dunn aboard ship CYMERIC leaving Port of Liverpool year 1908 destination Boston U.S.A. aged 10,travelling with James and Bridget Dunn :)
-----------------------------------------
Thank you, I will look at that.
----------------------------------------

Your family appear to be in 1910 US census, so would they have traveled back to home, and returned in 1908.:confused:

James Dunn
Age in 1910: 42
Birth Year: 1868
Birthplace: Ireland
Home in 1910: Brockton Ward 6, Plymouth, Massachusetts

Immigration Year: 1887
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Bridgett Dunn
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland

James Dunn 42
Bridgett Dunn 42
Thomas J Dunn 17
James B Dunn 9
Mary A Dunn 18
Rose M Dunn 15
Kate E Dunn 13
Agnes B Dunn 7
---------------------------------------------
No... once they got to the US, it appears that they stayed...all the children were born there and James died in Brockton in 1911. Every US census and Brockton City directory show them in Brockton since arrival (he arrived 1887 and she 1885).

But...with the 1890 US Census a 'No-Go' due to the fire, I have nothing that shows the marriage at that point... I have written to get a copy of the marriage cert from the Brockton City Clerk but since I am not certain that it was 1890 or the month, I am not sure that they will look further.

Thank you for your input!

Christi:)

Last edited by a moderator: