• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

James Basil Bisset

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Trying to find James basil Bisset born 21st June 1904.
His father died in 1906(although I am not sure) his widow Beatrice Mary Bisset (Hone) is on the 1911 census alone listed as a widow but no sign on the son.
I suspect he may be in Scotland but have had no luck with their census.

peter

stockpot

Valued Member
I couldn't find him in England either. There are only two James Bisset age 6 in Scotland but unfortunately only available to see on Scotlands People, a pay per view site so I can't help there.
Elaine

I have just come across your postings. I have been trying to establish the Bisset family over many years and wonder if you have any more info.
My mother was born to Isabella Catherine Bisset (known as Maggie) in 1926. Father not known. Isabella was the last of 7 children born to John and Susan Bisset, shoemakers who moved from Scotland to London in the late 19th century and spent a short time in Brighton where Isabella was born in 1897. James Bisset was the eldest of the 7 children and he married Beatrice in 1903. I am keen to find any descendants of the other 5 Bisset children.

Janet

mccb

Trying to find James basil Bisset born 21st June 1904.
His father died in 1906(although I am not sure) his widow Beatrice Mary Bisset (Hone) is on the 1911 census alone listed as a widow but no sign on the son.
I suspect he may be in Scotland but have had no luck with their census.

peter
I know the answer to your question, but why are you asking it?