• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

James Brelsford in South Africa

Maisy

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for information about James Brelsford born 1899 in Rhayader, Wales. I have all the 1901 and 1911 census information. I’m interested to discover who he married and if there were children.

My understanding is that he left England for South Africa, (I don’t have a date) and all I have is an incoming passenger list for Southampton from Durban in 1953 that names James aged 53 and wife Florence Brelsford aged 60. They each gave a proposed address and I am familiar with the address in Wales that James gave.

I’d like to know if James and Florence (surname unknown) married in SA or in the UK and if they had children either in SA or the UK.

Hoping someone can help. I've been searching for James for ages.

Thank you
Maisy

horse

Loyal Member
There is this in 1948 that states their proposed intended future residence is South Africa [on the original]. Age a little out. Address on the original is the same as that given by James in 1953.. see partial copy below.
Hope this helps..

UK outward passenger list:
Mr J Brelsford
Birth Date: abt 1905
Departure Date: 15 Jul 1948
Port of Departure: Southampton, England
Destination Port: Cape Town, South Africa
Ship Name: Capetown Castle

Brelsford_1948.png

Geoff

Maisy

There is this in 1948 that states their proposed intended future residence is South Africa [on the original]. Age a little out. Address on the original is the same as that given by James in 1953.. see partial copy below.
Hope this helps..

Mr J Brelsford

View attachment 4982

Geoff
Hope this helps..

Mr J Brelsford

View attachment 4982

Geoff
Thank you Geoff. Can you tell me where I can find the original copy?