• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

James Campbell, Kirkcudbright or Dumfries

AnnieConn

From
Canada
I have a brick wall in the name of James Campbell born in Kircudbrightshire or Dumfries, Scotland. Abt 1827 I don’t know his parents as there are so many Campbells in the area. James is my 3rd G Grandfather. he had a daughter Annie Campbell 1847 with Mary McMoreland according to the church recordS of that date. Mary was brought before the Kirk To name the father. James was living in England sent a letter from Blyton and admitted his guilt that the child was his but didn't attend the church. The Kirk records state that he was formerly from Inglestone and a Farm labourer.
Annie Campbell is my 2nd GGranny. Annie’s mother went on to marry a Micheal Kerr the child Annie lived with her grandparents.
I have a marraige cert for Micheal Kerr and Mary showing Annie’s father as James Campbell deceased.
I have docs for all of the above except James, who Is listed in Annies marraige in 1869 to John Laurie but as deceased at that time. some have suggested that it may be to save face that he was noted as dead also Mary is listed as Mary Campbell although they never married. If anyone researching James Campbell and any of this fits, I would be very grateful of some help. I can also provide docs if someone else is working this file, Thanks, Ann

Back