• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

James Clarke - Manchester

Maybe Ben can help with this one? I am STILL stuck with him. On census he says born 1825 or 1826 in Manchester. In 1846 he married Sarah Brown at Cathedral Manchester.
Father on marriage cert named as John Clarke a soldier. I cannot find a birth record I am certain of for James. Nor can I be certain of the 1841 census records I found for James Clarke in Salford because in non I find is there a father John or even a mother - the ones I found are mostly lodgers. DOH.
In 1851 James & Sarah are living 54 Lombard Street Salford - the only James and Sarah Clarke on the 1851 census I could find. Living with other people - one is a Mary Clarke, married no hubby present - possible mother? Present also are names of Heywood, Duckworth and Fisher. I did find a marriage of a John Clarke to a Mary Heywood but cannot find them together in census either before James' marriage or after. Unsure what war he was in?
Can't even search through siblings as I don't know if James had any! His first child born 1848 was named James so maybe he wasn't the firstborn? I am so lost with him and cannot go any further. Cannot find any baptisms for his children either.
HELP!!
Cheers
Karen

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 18
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 4
DaveHam9 Marriages 11
DaveHam9 Marriages 8
DaveHam9 Marriages 18
K Births 8