• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

JAMES ELSEY c.1792

prefabkid

Trying to find information regarding parents and spouse of James Elsey (sometimes misspelt Ellsey) b.c1792 Horley,Surrey.His wife,I believe was Maria but surname unknown.
They married c.1814 possibly Horley,Surrey and had 5 children-John(1815),Ann(1817),Elizabeth(1819),James(1822) and Maria(1824),all born Horley,Surrey.
Any information on them or suggestions on how I could trace them would be appreciated.Many thanks

duckweed

Loyal Member
In IGI records James Elsey christened 12 Aug 1792 Horley Parents Henry and Sarah (can't find marriage of James but he may have married in wifes parish)
Sibling Catherine christened 14 Jul 1805, Mary christened Aug 1795. Ann christened 30 Jan 1803, Henry christened 11 Dec 1808, Sarah christened 9 Jun 1799.
Henry Elsey married Sarah Jupp 5 Jan 1791 Horley
No birthdate for Henry but Sarah Jupp christened 9 Feb 1772 Horley parents Thomas and Ann. Hope that helps.

prefabkid

Hi Duckweed
Many thanks for your efforts concerning James Elsey b.1792.It confirms my own findings also from the IGI.
I've had chance to check 3 other Elsey trees (with over 100 individuals!),which I'm trying to connect to my tree.As there were no other James with a similar birthyear (I had estimated this as early 1790's based on the marriage certificate of his son John b.1815).
I do like to confirm my data if possible.

Re Forum Thread.

My Coomber records show.
Catherine Christened 14 July 1805 as married to
John Coomber on August 2 1825.Leigh Surrey.
As this is not on my line it was retained for Ref. purposes only.

Hope it may assist you.The dates seem to apply,
and may give you a lead.

prefabkid

Re Forum Thread.

My Coomber records show.
Catherine Christened 14 July 1805 as married to
John Coomber on August 2 1825.Leigh Surrey.
As this is not on my line it was retained for Ref. purposes only.

Hope it may assist you.The dates seem to apply,
and may give you a lead.
Hi
Many thanks for the info.,will check my records
Regards
Ron