• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

James Henry Munyard

From
Australia
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me any information regarding my
3rd Great grandfather. His name is James Henry Munyard. Born in Chelsea, London 1816-1818. For many years he was a performer at the Adelphi and other theatres around London in the 1840's. He died on the 15th July 1850, aged 30. I have been unable to find any medical or burial records, only court records. I would appreciate any help or advice obtaining more information about his death or burial. Thankyou from Christine.

Hello Christine,

Have you searched the newspaper archive?

Found this record:

Name: James Henry Munyard
Christening Date: 05 Dec 1816
Christening Place: Adelphi Chapel, St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Middlesex, England
Birth Date: 18 Nov 1816
Birthplace: St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Middlesex, England
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: James Munyard
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Eleanor
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C02755-9
System Origin: England-EASy
GS Film number: 1482436
Reference ID: item 10

Dave

Hi Christine,

Do you have his death cert? Im wondering if that would have any information on it such as where he is buried.

In order to find his cause of death, you will have to purchase a copy of his death certificate. He is listed in the General Register Office indexes as follows:

Munyard, James Henry
September quarter 1850
Registration Distrct: Chelsea
Volume: 3
Page: 50

This will not, however, tell you where he is buried.

:)
In order to find his cause of death, you will have to purchase a copy of his death certificate. He is listed in the General Register Office indexes as follows:

Munyard, James Henry
September quarter 1850
Registration Distrct: Chelsea
Volume: 3
Page: 50

This will not, however, tell you where he is buried.

Thankyou for your reply.

Hello Christine,

Certificates can be ordered - HERE

It may or may not be fully filled out. The amount of information will depend on how well the informant knew James. It would be very rare if a place of burial was listed.

Dave

Back