• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

James LAVENDER

gaelwyn

Valued Member
Also article about his will, dated 12 April 1929

"10th April, 1929. '
in the Supreme Court of
New South Wales
PROBATE JURISDICTION
In the Will of James Lavender the elder late of North Richmond in the
State of New South Wales Orchardist deceased
' APPLICATION will be made after fourteen days from the publication hereof''
that Probate of the last Will and Testament of the abovenamed deceased may be granted to JAMES LAVENDER the younger of Tennyson in the State of New South Wales ' Farmer the sole Executor named in the said'
Will AND all persons having claims™ against the said estate are hereby required to send in particulars of same to the under-signed at whose offices all notices may be served , v a
Wm. WALKER AND SON, . ;
Proctors for the Executor ' ;|
WINDSOR. ;j

gibbo

Loyal Member
Henry Lavender

Windsor and Richmond Gazette
Friday 10 January 1941

ANOTHER widely-known old district resident to join the Great Majority' is
Mr . Henry Lavender, of Clarendon, who passed away at his home on December 29, at the age of 93 years. Deceased, who was a native of Richmond, had lived in the district the whole of his life, the news of his
demise being heard with regret by many old friends, whose sympathy is extended to the widow and grown family who survive him.
The funeral took place on December 31, the interment being conducted in the Church of England cemetery, Windsor, the Rev. C. L. Williams, R.D., officiating.

gibbo

Loyal Member
As I said in the first post (I think :confused: ), only the brother Henry was registered, with parents names of George and Sarah Lavender :)
So out of James, Henry and George if only Henry's birth was registered how do you know that James and George are his brothers when their births arent registered to get the parents names to confirm all 3 are infact brothers? :confused:

gaelwyn

Valued Member
So out of James, Henry and George if only Henry's birth was registered how do you know that James and George are his brothers when their births arent registered to get the parents names to confirm all 3 are infact brothers? :confused:
That's what I'm trying to determine if they are really the brothers.

V18471499 35/1847 LAVENDER HENRY GEORGE SARAH
V1847709 158/1847 LAVENDER HENRY GEORGE SARAH

Their deaths
25803/1940 LAVENDER HENRY 93 YRS CLARENDON RICHMOND
26518/1949 LAVENDER GEORGE 94 YRS RICHMOND RICHMOND

Another Lavender family researcher seems to think it's the correct family, so hence I have asked you genies :)

Is it far fetched to have them as brothers, as names seem to fit ...ie father is George and one of James's bros is Henry :)

Second opiions and other eagle eyes are appreciated :)
I know I can't assume!!!

gibbo

Loyal Member
Not sure if this helps any

The Campbelltown Herald
Wednesday 8 October 1902

LAVENDER.
MRS. SARAH LAVENDER, a resident of Campbelltown for the past twenty years, died at the home of her daughter (Mrs. R. C. Adams) Milgate Lane, at 6.30 p.m. on Thursday last. Mrs. Lavender had been ill only a few days, and her death was brought about through a recent fall, the shock which she experienced having fatal results. The deceased lady had attained the ripe old age of 89 years. She was born at Brede, Sussex (Eng.), came to this State in 1838, and for 64 years resided in the Penrith district. Mrs. Lavender's husband predeceased her, but there is a family of ten living. The funeral took place on Saturday at noon the body being interred in the C. of E. Cemetery.

her daughter (Mrs. R. C. Adams)

2313/1901 ADAMS ROBERT C LAVENDER JANE WATERLOO

gibbo

Loyal Member
OH! Now this is really interesting...

The Maitland Mercury & Hunter River General Advertiser
Wednesday 22 August 1855

SHOULD this meet the eye of my wife SARAH LAVENDER, who has been absent from me for seven years , I advertise this for her information, that if she does not return to me within three months from this date I intend to get married to another.
(Signed) GEORGE LAVENDER.

gaelwyn

Valued Member
Gail can you list the kids you have noted and year of birth for George and Sarah including the ones Sarah had with no father's names please.
Well I knew nothing about George & Sarah, until today.
The info I'd been given had revolved around the 'Bellingen' James Lavender, with different parents.
Geoff (aka Horse) gave me 3 kids born in Sussex ...
Charles b. 1834
Emily b.1836
William b. 1837
Born in Richmond:
Elizabeth b. 1839
Harriet b. 1841
Anne b. 1843
Caroline b.1845
Henry b. 1847
Sarah b.1850

gaelwyn

Valued Member
Gibbo,
I've been going over the information from you and Geoff (Horse).

A bit of gamble or going sideways .... Emily would have been 17 yrs old when James was born and 19 yrs old when George was born.
I haven't found a genuine marriage for her, unless it's this one with wrong spelling of her name :
V1853277 39C/1853 LAVENDER ROBERT LAVENDER EMELINE CD

I found a death for an Emily Lavender :
14977/1912 LAVENDER EMILY GEORGE SARAH CAMDEN

Wondering who this Robert was ...cousin????
Married him after James was born???? That's why he was illegitimate ...reason why not registered ???? Frowned upon to marry & have kids with cousin ???
HYPOTHETICALS :)