• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

James & Sarah BLACKLEY

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello,

James b. abt 1868 Glasgow
Sarah b. abt 1870 Glasgow

I've looked in all the usual places and I can't find a birth/baptism record. They were with their grandmother Isabella BLACKLEY at 57 Broomlands Paisley in 1871. There was no one in the household who could have been their mother or father. I've looked in case they were not born in Glasgow but in Renfrew instead and still can't find them.

I'd like a look up please for James and Sarah in 1881 and if found in later years. Thanks.

If I'm missing a son of John senior and isabella McGUIRE then he could be the father of James and Sarah. If I'm NOT missing another son then the only one is Thomas the iron moulder born abt 1830 Ireland although later census seem to say Scotland. I'd also like a look up for this Thomas from 1881 to 1901 in Renfrew or Lanark. If we can find one then the one in Barrow in Furness 1881 to 1901 is not mine.

Progress has been made. I'm happy I now have the death of my gg grandfather, Thomas the iron moulder in 1915 in Paisley. I'd like to be sure I have him in 1881 to 1901 in Barrow in Furness.

Regards,

Dave

Last edited: