• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

James (Toco) Ives.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I've just started yet another Ives tree, just to see where it goes.:rolleyes:

I was looking for possible baptisms in Ireland, but only got birth regs. Now this was for the tree I have been working on for almost 5 years.

So, I got sidetracked yet again, because I came upon the 1901 Ireland Census, with a name of Frederick Ives(c1868, England), wife called Bertha, and 2 children. So I looked for them in 1911 Ireland census.......Fraderick Ives c1867, Bucks, with no wife, but married, with 5 children. Bertha died in 1914, Benburk, Dungannon, County Tyrone, Ireland. She conveniently left a Will.:D

Frederick W. Ives, married Bertha Twell in 1896 in Belfast.

Anyway, so I started checking my Ives Pr's, and found Frederick William Ives, 1867, Newport Pagnell, Bucks. Father, James Ives, and mother, Mary Ann (nee.Bird), as I've worked out.

The point of the title of this thread, was the fact that the father, James Ives, was lost to me, after the 1901 census..........and yes, I found him as James Toco, in 1911. :2fun:

Died in 1914. Newport Pagnell.

No death found for Frederick William Ives in Ireland, as yet, and i doubt I will.

Still, next week I'll be heading to Roscommon GRO, for a few research certs, just to make sure I'm on the right track.

So apart from not finding James Ives in 1841 & 1851, nor Mary Ann Bird(Father Joseph), in the same, I do have the baptism for James Ives(1835.N.Pagnell), and his parents marriage.......John Ives to Elizabeth Proctor, in 1835, Newport Pagnall.

So, there you are.....I've got a way TO CO as yet.:rolleyes::2fun:

That's all for now folks.

Steve.:)