• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

James Watson

Hi i am trying to find a date of birth for my great grandfather i have found out he die in first world war:

Private James Watson Lincolnshire Regiment 5th Batallion (241764)

He died at Flanders on 11/04/1917

I just cannot find his dob i am at a loss what to do now, there are several James Watsons in the area i believe he came (Malton/York) from and i know absolutely nothing else about him. I notice for most other soliders they also list their dob but not in my case.

He does not show up in the 1911 census although i have no idea why, my G Grandmother shows up at Skerne Nr Driffield living with 2 children and her parents Mary and John Bean, and in 1912 my grandfather was born at Slack Cottage Nafferton and my GGrandfather is listed as a shepherd. I know prior to this my great aunts (Lillian and Hilda) were born in 1909 and 1910 one at Blanch Farm (Near Huggate) and the other at Huggate Lodge.

Any ideas where to go next as even if i order a lot of birth certs i wouldnt know if he was the right one.

Thanks

Vicki

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 1881 Census Request 0
DaveHam9 Births 17
DaveHam9 Marriages 13
M Help for Names or Surnames 28
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 8
DaveHam9 Irish Genealogy Roots 12