• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Jane Wright, nee Middleton ?

horse

Loyal Member
Hi

Looking for Jane's death, she is still around in 1911 living with a Hunt family in Burton Pidsea.

She was born abt 1839 Burton Pidsea.

Married 1859 to John Wright, Hull. John possibly had one or two questionable marriages previously.

The couple are well documented from 1861 in Burton Pidsea.

Many thanks
Geoff

horse

Loyal Member
The reason I put a '?' after Middleton in the title is because I'm not 100% sure about the marriage, it is likely to be 1859 as it looks to be the best fit. This confuses the issue a little..

Marriages Q3 1859

Cornwell James
Gledhill Jane Elizabeth
Kirk Elizabeth
Priestman John Needham
Wright John
Sculcoates
9d 231

Herbert George
Mills Elizabeth
Ryall Joseph
Wells Jane
Wright John
Sculcoates
9d 191

Croudson George
Middleton Jane
Sharp Margaret Fawbert
Wright John
Sculcoates
9d 192

Geoff

Edit: A birth of abt 1838/39 does fit with the censuses..

Last edited:

horse

Loyal Member
Hi Geoff,

I see Jane and John had a son Brian - Jane Middleton (christened 1838 Burton Pidsea) fathers name Brian.
Thanks, Julie.

Robert b. abt 1870 is my ancestor.. Brian is a helpful indicator, also a Harriet (used on both sides of that line). It is looking as though there is just an age at death discrepancy, the informant may have got her age slightly wrong.

Geoff