• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

JANET GOOD 1864

paul wright

From
New Zealand
Janet Good born 1864 ABT from victoria Aus came to new zealand can you help me she was ment to have married samul white in 1884 Dunedin

Vic Marriage 1892
GOOD Janet Ray
COX Geo Ernt
4947/1892

No birth then that fits in Vic. index and no marriage in NZ index that fits.

No birth in NZ index for a Violet White 1883 - 1886 with a mother that fits.

No death in Vic. index for a jan* * with father = good.

Last edited:
was janet in Nelson with violet at all. violet had a child in 1899 wellington age only 14y baby died 5 days old violet said she had a mother in nelson

Janet Good born 1864 ABT from victoria Aus came to new zealand can you help me she was ment to have married samul white in 1884 Dunedin

Hi, all I have found so far was this,
Name Janet Ray Cox Maiden Name Good Birth Date 1864 Birth Place Smythesdale, Golden Plains Shire, Victoria, Australia Marriage Date 1892 Marriage Place Victoria, Victoria, Australia.
Spouse George Ernest Cox
Death Date 23 Jun. 1939 Death Place Dandenong, Greater Dandenong City, Victoria, Australia Cemetery Burwood Cemetery.
The Age (Melbourne, Vic. : 1854 - 1954) Sat 24 Jun 1939
Page 17
Family Notices

COX, -On. June 23, at her residence, Montpellier-road, Burwood, Janet Ray, widow of late George Ernest, loving mother of Robert, Herbert, George (deceased) and Muriel, aged 76 years. Peacefully sleeping.
Fix this

Sorry, but I was unable to find a marriage to Samuel White in 1884 New Zealand.

Hi, all I have found so far was this,
Name Janet Ray Cox Maiden Name Good Birth Date 1864 Birth Place Smythesdale, Golden Plains Shire, Victoria, Australia Marriage Date 1892 Marriage Place Victoria, Victoria, Australia.
Spouse George Ernest Cox
Death Date 23 Jun. 1939 Death Place Dandenong, Greater Dandenong City, Victoria, Australia Cemetery Burwood Cemetery.
The Age (Melbourne, Vic. : 1854 - 1954) Sat 24 Jun 1939
Page 17
Family Notices

COX, -On. June 23, at her residence, Montpellier-road, Burwood, Janet Ray, widow of late George Ernest, loving mother of Robert, Herbert, George (deceased) and Muriel, aged 76 years. Peacefully sleeping.
Fix this

Sorry, but I was unable to find a marriage to Samuel White in 1884 New Zealand.
thank you all for your time and help. I just cannot find Janet and violet being in Nelson. that Janet rae good 1864 is the only janet i can find coming to new zealand Otago to live from victoria as did samuel white .

was janet in Nelson with violet at all. violet had a child in 1899 wellington age only 14y baby died 5 days old violet said she had a mother in nelson

I'm assuming the information on mother been in Nelson come from the Coroners Inquest file for the baby? Could she have been referring to a guardian or foster mother and not so much of Janet??

Do you know who raised Violet born 1885? Do you have her birth certificate?

I'm assuming the information on mother been in Nelson come from the Coroners Inquest file for the baby? Could she have been referring to a guardian or foster mother and not so much of Janet??

Do you know who raised Violet born 1885? Do you have her birth certificate?
Hi yes i got it from coroner's inquest 1899. i do have Violet's birth certificate 1885 Invercargill /Dunedin Mother Janet Good and father Samul White it say on it they were married in Dunedin 1884 but i cannot find one for them. and know i don't know who raised Violet she was in newtown wellington school 1891 / 2 / 3 - - 6 know names of who she was with there

Back