• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Jean Cross Morrison

Tonym

This is my introduction to FHUK. It is a while since I signed on but other things got in the way. However, HelloO0

Would anybody have any information on the Morrison family of Glasgow, or their descendents?

Last known details are from 1937 home address Milbrae, Gartness Road, Drymen, Glasgow.

My particular interest is in their daughter, Jean Cross Morrison, who trained and served as a Nurse at Glasgow Infirmary from 1931 to 1937 when she sailed for Singapore to serve with the Malayan Nursing Service.

Any information gratefully received

regards

Tony

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member

Tonym

Hello Julie

Thanks for your interest but I do have her full UK nursing history courtesy of RCN Scotland. What I am hoping for is someone who can offer any assistance on her Malayan service which I assume were with the Colonial Nursing Service. Finding any records of the Crown Agents of the time, who would have engaged her, has been a brick wall. Possibly the National Archives but unable to get there at the moment but even then a search of their records on the web didn't offer much hope.

Anyway thanks for trying.

Tony

Iainm

Hello Tony -
April 2008 - January 2018 - ten years ! Jean Cross Morrison (1902-42) was a stepsister of my mother. I expect you know that she died tragically in the evacuation of Singapore.
Iain.