• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Jerzy Chodzicki

Hi Gibbo...this is a great story although baffling for you.
I would think Jerzy was the son of Emelia Helene from a previous marriage or relationship when she was very young.
Not sure paying the £30 would give you anymore info than you have though an outside chance of Jerzys parents names(maybe Emelia) would be on it someware.
I do find it very strange she was buried with him though given she was married to Reginald at the time.
Would deffo rule out him being her brother though....just a pity we couldnt find out Emelias maiden name as it could throw up the key lead.

Regards...Lee.

Hi Gibbo...this is a great story although baffling for you.
I would think Jerzy was the son of Emelia Helene from a previous marriage or relationship when she was very young.
Not sure paying the £30 would give you anymore info than you have though an outside chance of Jerzys parents names(maybe Emelia) would be on it someware.
I do find it very strange she was buried with him though given she was married to Reginald at the time.
Would deffo rule out him being her brother though....just a pity we couldnt find out Emelias maiden name as it could throw up the key lead.

Regards...Lee.

Hi Lee,
I have tried finding the marriage for Emilia and Reginald in hoping that would give a maiden name for Emilia but as they married somewhere in France im not having much luck finding it.
Im still waiting on a couple of replies to come on Jerzy so im not going do anything about the service records unti i get them back. Hopefully one of the replies might shed some light onto it.

I have a Jerzy E Chodzicki who died on the 2 January 1942 he was with the Royal Air Force [poland] and his service number was 782675. Could someone please have a look and see if the Trollope name is on is service records such as next of kin etc.
thanks

gibbo

Hi Gibbo,
I have read whole of this thread. Jerzy Chodzicki born in Kalisz, Poland and Emilia Helena Trollope de domo Chodzicka born in Warsaw, Poland are both from my family. Emilia was Jerzy's aunt.
Hope this helped.
Regards :)

Hi Gibbo,
I have read whole of this thread. Jerzy Chodzicki born in Kalisz, Poland and Emilia Helena Trollope de domo Chodzicka born in Warsaw, Poland are both from my family. Emilia was Jerzy's aunt.
Hope this helped.
Regards :)

Hi, thank you so much for the information. I've been trying to work out the connection between Jerzy and Emilia for a few years so your reply solved the mystery for me.

If your interested i have the death cert. for Jerzy if you would like a copy.

edited to add... I also have photos of Jerzy and Emilia's headstone.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you so much for the information. I've been trying to work out the connection between Jerzy and Emilia for a few years so your reply solved the mystery for me.

If your interested i have the death cert. for Jerzy if you would like a copy.

edited to add... I also have photos of Jerzy and Emilia's headstone.

Hi Gibbo,
Of course I'm interested. You can send them to my mailbox ------------------------------------- I will show them to my mother who was born in Kalisz and is a cousin of Jerzy.
By the way, why did you try to solve this mystery ? Are you related somehow to Emilia or Jerzy ?

Best regards :)
Sorry Piotr, your email address has been removed for your own safety as per forum rules, I have however sent it to Gibbo - dave
Piotr Chodzicki

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gibbo,
Of course I'm interested. You can send them to my mailbox ------------------------------------- I will show them to my mother who was born in Kalisz and is a cousin of Jerzy.
By the way, why did you try to solve this mystery ? Are you related somehow to Emilia or Jerzy ?

Best regards :)
Sorry Piotr, your email address has been removed for your own safety as per forum rules, I have however sent it to Gibbo - dave
Piotr Chodzicki

Thanks Dave :)

Hi Piotr,

Im having trouble with my scanner at the moment so later tonight or in the morning i will email those things through to you once i can get them onto my computer.

My grandmother worked as a domestic servant to Emilia and Reginald in the late 1930's when they lived in Keyworth and also when they lived in York. I'll explain more in the email on how i come about researching Reginald.
Thanks for reply :)

...this is a great story

Even a better story now knowing now who he "belonged" to.
Sadly the photos are of headstones but at least they have gone home to his family and the family can see where they are resting and they are not alone but together.

And of course it shows what a great job the forum can do in helping out with such matters.
Sometimes it takes a while....matures like a nice whiskey or red wine:)

Hello,
Piotr and Gibbo are you still on this site?
I am also looking for some informations about Jerzy Chodzicki. Do you have his photo?
Can you contact with me please?
Jerzy was best friends of my uncle por.pil. Czesław Jan Nowak

Hello,
Piotr and Gibbo are you still on this site?
I am also looking for some informations about Jerzy Chodzicki. Do you have his photo?
Can you contact with me please?
Jerzy was best friends of my uncle por.pil. Czesław Jan Nowak

Hi, sorry, no, i don't have his photo. Im more than happy to share what information i have on Jerzy if you would like it.

Hi, sorry, no, i don't have his photo. Im more than happy to share what information i have on Jerzy if you would like it.

Yes, please!
That would be Perfect. Also If you still have Piotrs email adress saved could you send it to me?
I will try to contact with him.

Email address removed for security reasons as per site policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, please!
That would be Perfect. Also If you still have Piotrs email adress saved could you send it to me?

Email address removed for security reasons as per site policy.

How Can I contact with you as email is removed ?

Yes, please!

The hard drive in my old computer fried and i had most of the information on that but if you give me a day or 2 i will dig out the paper copies i have and get them to you via email. Not sure if i still have Piotrs email but will check for it just in case i do have.
Just reply one more time then we can private message and exchange emails.

Back