• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

John Birkett x 2!

I am trying to find out which of 2 John Birketts is my 5 x great grandfather ---John Birkett bapt 09/07/1753 at Crosthwaite Cumberland married to Jane unknown 27/01/1781--or John Birkett bapt 01/12/1754--Crosthwaite ( this isn't the Crosthwaite near keswick)
Both seemed to have parents named John & Ann!!

At first I thought that one date was a birth & the other a christening but both said christened on IGI and both are extracted records

I could only find one marriage record--John Birkett & Jane-no surname--27/01/1781 at Crosthwaite

I found--at Barrow records office that Matilda Birkett was christened 25/02/1787 at Seathwaite Lancashire--her father was John Birkett of Beck Cottage, Seathwaite.

Matilda married 1st William Tyson of Muncaster & then Joseph Askew at Waberthwaite where they then lived for some years and had children--I do have all the information concerning the Askews --I am descended through the Askew marriage

If anybody can help me to find out which John Birkett is my ancestor--or indeed if the two are the same person, I would be very grateful--also if Matilda Birkett had siblings
Thank you :confused: