• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John Brown/Susanna Hart 1784 Cheshire

emeltee

Loyal Member
familysearch has an entry for the marriage of John Brown to Susanna Hart in 1784. It just gives the place as Cheshire. Is there any chance someone could find out where in Cheshire as I keep drawing a blank.

Thanks,

Emeltee

Marriage: 7 Dec 1784 St Oswald, Winwick, Lancashire, England
John Brown - this Parish
Susannah Hart - (X), this Parish
Witness: William Woods; James Hampson
Banns Read: 14 Nov 1784, 2nd: 21 Nov 1784, 3rd: 28 Nov 1784
Married by Banns by: B Banner Curate
Notes: [the clerk entered the bride's name as Shusannah and the Curate entered it as Susannah]
Register: Marriages 1766 - 1812, Page 353, Entry 2
Source: LDS Film 1885708

emeltee

Loyal Member
Many thanks Dave. I wasn't expecting Winwick as the answer. Thought that was in Lancashire. Anyway I don't think they are the couple I am after.

Thanks again,

Emeltee