• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John & Caroline TAYLOR

gibbo

Loyal Member
The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954)
Friday 29 November 1929

TAYLOR.—November 28, 1929, at her daughter's residence, 24 George street, Marrickville, Caroline Taylor, widow of the late John Thomas Taylor, aged 78 years.

21625/1929 TAYLOR CAROLINE .... SAMUEL .... SERENA ..... MARRICKVILLE

gibbo

Loyal Member
12826/1927 taylor john t ... James .... Jane .... Marrickville

TAYLOR.—The Relatives and Friends of Mrs. CAROLINE TAYLOR are kindly invited to attend the funeral of her late dearly beloved HUSBAND, John Thomas; to leave his daughter's residence, 24 George street, Marrickville, 'IHIS MONDAY, at.2.15 p.m., for General Cemetery, Rookwood, by road. Motor funeral. Friends by Funeral Train please alight No. 1 Mortuary in Cemetery.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/16375420?

horse

Loyal Member
Possible birth for Caroline [Picton area]

Caroline Williams
Birth Date: 1851
Father: William Williams
Mother: Selina
Birth Place: New South Wales
Registration Year: 1851
Registration Place: Camden, Oaks, Picton, Stonequarry, New South Wales
Volume Number: V18511789 37A

Geoff

EDIT: A tree has this..

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks gibbo.

Thanks Geoff.

I've not looked at this at all yet. We had visitors yesterday so did not get around to this one.

I noticed 'William Williams' :biggrin: Same one or do I now have 2x in my tree?

The one in my tree is in north Queensland.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I don't know which daughter's residence but it's not that of Mrs A H Bensley. The second notice shows it to be the right John Thomas.

1930 & 1933 NSW Electoral Roll - Parramatta - Parramatta
BENSLEY Arthur Henry, Church and Phillip sts., traveller
BENSLEY Julieatta Marion, Church and Phillip sts., home duties

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks Geoff.

More connections in my tree to that part of England.

Don't know yet if this Williams family is connected to another Williams family in my tree with a convict. This baptism was at Castle Hill.

Bap V18288473 1C/1828 WILLIAMS ANN - THOMAS - CHARLOTTE

I'll be off soon to get back into the garden before it gets to 33 C.

Dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
V18455942 45/1845 TAYLOR JOHN T - JAMES - JANE

Page 44
Presbyterian Baptisms solemnized in the Parish of St. Andrews Sydney in the County of Cumberland in the Year 18
No. When Baptised: 29 July 1846 When Born: 14 Augt 1845 John Thomas - James Taylor & Jane ... ? Abode: Sydney Quality or Profession: Comb Maker By whom the Ceremony was performed: Revd. J. McGarvie

V18511789 37A/1851 WILLIAMS CAROLINE - WILLIAM - SELINA

Page 8
Baptisms solemnized in the Parish of Picton in the County of Camden in the Year 1851
No. 5 When Baptised: August 17th When Born: July 6th 1851 Caroline - William & Selina Williams Abode: Burragorang Quality or Profession: Farmer By whom the Ceremony was performed: Edward Rogers

Last edited: