• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John Cook - stonemason

jood

Valued Member
I have been chasing up a John Cook who was a stonemason, I thought - in Overbury, got so far and was stuck.

I have just discovered there were some other John Cook's who were stone masons and wondered if someone could check out the 1841 census for me.

On notes from England, the Slaters Directory for 1851 Glos, shows a John Cook, Stone mason of Wilson St. St Pauls, Bristol, and a John & Richard Cook, stone and marble masons of Lower Wilson Place, Bristol. Also a John Cook, stone mason of 2 Lower Cheltenham Road/Place, Montpelier.

I do have the marriage certificate for his daughter Ann Elizabeth Cook who married James Heaven in the Established church Parish of Corse, Newent, Glos (banns read) on 8 Sept 1851 when she would have been about 23 (she'd been born in Overbury Worc) The Certificate says she is of full age.

So I am looking for a John Cook - a stone mason, born about the late 1790s or very early 1800s with a wife and at least one daughter Ann Elizabeth who was about 13.