• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

John Edward ProctER

Hi again all,
Well I am really stumped with my great grandad! He was born 1868 in Salford according to census records - a few John ProctOR found. Cannot find marriage for him to Sarah JANE Firth - found marriage of John E Procter to Sarah ANN Firth in Manchester 1896.
Hard to find his birth records also -On FreeBMD I found a birth in 1869 for John Edward ProctER in Essex? Is that far from Salford? - all the John's on censuses I found have listed Manchester as their birthplace. I cannot go any further now as I cannot confirm a birth record and have no sibling information. Mum says she remembers he had an Irish accent and both his parents were from Ireland but the 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891 census records I am looking at being possibilities show head as being Henry born Salford and wife Mary born Clifden Galway Ireland is Irish. Found marriage of Henry Procter and Mary Lydon on IGI - Cathedral Manchester,1857. second cousin Stewart Procter thinks he had brothers Henry and Joseph and a sister called Cecily? Found on census that Henry and Joseph are same but sister is Elizabeth.
I have picture of his grave site at Agecroft cemetery buried with Sarah Jane. She died 18/3/1940 and he died 21/2/1946. My maternal grandparents the Clarks are also buried in the same plot.
If anyone can give me anywhere else to search apart from IGI, Ancestry, BMD, Freecen, Google search, Genforum, I would really appreciate a few fresh ideas.
Cheers, Karen