• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John Ferris.

horse

Loyal Member
This is interesting, Dave...

Civil Parish: Hockworthy
County/Island: Devon
RD: Tiverton
Sub-RD: Bampton
ED: 8
RG 9; Piece: 1482; Folio: 82; Page: 12

Mary Frost 77
Sarah Ferris 69 [Sister]
Frances E Ferris 32 [Niece]

So in 1841 that looks like Frances aged 12y

Geoff

leefer

Loyal Member
Very interesting and thanks to you both,Frost is a name i stumbled upon when doing my research so i think that makes sense.

The Frost family were very big in that local area at one time.

Puzzling that i cannot find who Henry(and Elizabeth) is related to,Hockworthy being such a small place he must be part of the family.
I am going to the village soon for a visit so maybe a visit to the local church may bear dividends.

Big thanksO0

horse

Loyal Member
As I understand it the alternate names are submitted by members. If you blow the image up as far as possible, I can't see the first digit being a 4. I think its either 10 or 12, with an uneven mark across it

dave
They are submitted by members; on this occasion it looks right, it certainly isn't a 4, the 4 of Sarah's age above is completely different.

Geoff

jay

Valued Member
I've had a newsletter from The National Archives about the launch of a dedicated First World War portal which is bringing together all their FWW resources in a single place. There are podcasts and videos about the war and people's experiences; I've had a quick look to see what's there and it's all very good and informative ... reminiscences, poetry to name but two. There is also a programme to digitise more of their records so that they can be consulted online.

Highly recommend this site ... TNA.

Jay. :)