• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John Harrison Staffordshire

From
England
John Harrison and wife Grace were baptising children in Sheen, Staffordshire in the 1600s. The earliest I can find so far is Abraham in 1663.

I'm trying to find a marriage for them, anywhere, not just in Sheen, but there's nothing coming up for me. Can anyone find anything. John would appear to have been born 1633 in Sheen, son of Edmund. I can't find Edmund's marriage either.

Emeltee

Maybe too far away.:rolleyes:

England select Marriages. Ancestry.

John Harrison
Date: 21 Apr 1656
Place: Saint John Ousebridge,York,England
Spouse: Grace Dunning
FHL Film Number: 98545.

Steve.:)

Yes, I saw that one too. However I can find a John Harrison baptising children at St John Ousebridge in the right time frame and one of them is a daughter called Grace. Therefore I think that marriage can be discounted.

Thanks anyway,

Emeltee

This isn't far from Sheen:

Name: Johenem Harrison
Marriage Date: 6 Oct 1661
Marriage Place: Hartington, Derbyshire, England
Spouse: Gracia Carder

Amanda

I think you may have cracked it, Amanda. I cannot find any baptisms for children of John and Grace in Hartington, and none elsewhere in Derbyshire. No burials for them either. Also, and much more of a clincher is the fact that, according to Genuki, Hartington is 1 mile from Sheen, just over the county border.

May thanks.

Emeltee

I've just found the marriage on FreeReg and it gives John's parish as Sheen so they are definitely my couple.

Thanks again,

Emeltee

Back