• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

John KELLY & Mary (McGinley/ Murray) KELLY - death

Have tried and tried to find proof of the death of my grandparents in or after 1918
John Kelly b1891 and Mary Murray b 1885 ( maiden surname McGinley) married 9 March 1918 .
2 weeks later their son Edward Kelly was born 23 Mar 1918
Both parents disappeared after that . John Kelly died around 1918 and no one knows what happened to his wife Mary Kelly (formerly McGinley )
Death Cert found Vol8b Page397 looks likely :
6 Oct 1918 at Toxteth Park Workhouse Infirmary John Joseph KELLY aged 27 a Stevedore of 8 Upper Parliament St died of 1.Pneumonia (both lungs) 2.Syncope Informant was Mary KELLY widow of the deceased of 8 Upper Parliament St. Toxteth Park.

Found Death cert of Mary's daughter Rhoda Mildred Murray
00 • Liverpool, Lancashire, England
8b 437- Death Cert states aged 8 yrs (should be 10th birthday in January ?) of 28 Great Crosshall St Liverpool Father- David Murray deceased Railway Porter Tuberculosis
>>>>> Informant - Mary Kelly (MOTHER) of 50 Letitia St. Toxteth Park.<<<<<<<

What became of Mary after the death of her Daughter Rhoda ? .
... Her son Dave Murray-b1907 , to the best of my knowledge , went to America and served in United States Air Force during and just after WW2

My Father Edward KELLY b1918 was raised by his grandparents and was known in 1939 living at Sleaford Road. Huyton

Last edited: