• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John & Mary(nee.Potts) King family.

p.risboy

Staff member
From
England
Bradenham Baptism . 7 Jun 1767. John son of Edward & Frances(nee.Wingrove) KING.

Bradenham Marriage. 19 May 1788. by Banns
John KING otp
Mary POTTS otp
Witnesses - Joseph Haws & Thomas Tipson.

No baptisms to this couple in Bradenham, nor for Mary Potts.

Burial - 14 Jan 1836. John KING aged 73 of Bradenham. So giving a birth year of c1763. ??

No burial for Mary King in Bradenham.?

It can't be this one, can it.

Burial - 22 Mar 1755. Mary KING widow of the parish of Wendover, affidavit made.

I'm just posting this, to give me time to see what else I can find, to further it on, or to save MLT doing more housework, if she's up for another challenge, or anyone else that that may have ideas or insight.:rolleyes::)

There maybe nothing I can find, but I have to try.

Steve.:)

Can't see anything for Mary Potts apart from her marriage to John King.

I have found one possible birth for a child of John and Mary. There is a baptism 10 Jan 1790 in Monks Risborough for a Frances, daughter of John and Mary King. The reason that this stood out is that on his marriage to Frances Wingrove, Edward gave his residence as Monks Risborough and also John's mother was Frances.

Other than that there is nothing in the Bradenham/Hughendon area. There is a John and Mary having a football team or two of children in Whaddon but they started in 1781, a few years before the King/Potts marriage.

I've take the Wingroves back a couple of generations but as they were all in Bradenham I presume you have them.

One thing I did spot. On FreeReg in the entry for the marriage of Edward King to Frances Wingrove it has a Register Note at the bottom which says Mrs Frances Wingrove. However when I looked at the marriage on the Internet Archive site (which has Bradenham marriages 1627-1812) it just says Edward King of Monks Risborough and Frances Wingrove. No mention of Mrs, so perhaps you need to see the original register to see what it says.

Back to the housework!

Emeltee

I've looked in Wendover, Princes Risborough, Hughenden, Great Missenden and Bradenham.

There is also a wee problem, when looking in Monks Risborough in the England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975.

There is another John King, baptised 1766, to Henry & Anne King.

He maybe the father of Frances 1790, Monks Risborough.:confused:

I think this will need a load of pennies throwing at it.:(

Back burner again, as too many Johns and Mary's to consider.:rolleyes:

Mary Potts may hold the key. There is only 1 Pott(es) marriage in Hughenden, and far too early to be a contender for Mary's parents. That is the only occurrence in Hughenden for Potts/Pottes.

Steve.:)

Back