• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John Rich (Wilstshire)

hlouisew

Hi All. I've been researching my 'Rich' ancestors. I'm desperately trying to find some birth details for John Rich (b c.1757 Christian Malford or Dauntsey - Wiltshire ) (d. 1837 - Christian Malford) he married Anne Pinnegar in 1782. I'm pretty sure his grandparents were Charles Rich (d.1759) & Alice Rich nee Bailey (d. 1763). I just want to know which of their many children (if I have the right grandparents) is his Dad. There is a chance that he could belong to another branch of the Rich family but I think this is the most likely.

Any help would be welcome,
Many thanks
Hayley

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Hayley,

I've found a baptism for a John Rich 13/10/1756 parents William Rich and Mary Skuse in Lyneham Wiltshire, not that for from Christian Malford and even nearer to Dauntsey.
William and Mary were married 26/04/1756 Dauntsey, bride's Parish was Tockenham Wiltshire. The 'Bondsman' was Joseph Hopkins from Lyneham.
William was baptised 05/01/1729 son of Alice and Charles. I would agree these are his grandparents the other William was baptised in Wilsford Pewsey in 1733.

Best wishes

Amanda

hlouisew

Thank you so much.

I did have William and Mary written down provisionally as his parents as when I went to Christian Malford I found their graves next to each other. Knowing there is a bapt record for the right dates that actually links them has made my day. The family do seem to be spread out all around that area.

Many thanks once again

Hayley.