• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

John Williams and Sarah

Ladybird1300

Staff member
From
England
Second marriage for Sarah:

Name: Sarah Williams Gender: Female Record Type: Banns (Bann) Marriage Banns Date: 21 Jan 1828 Marriage Banns Place: St Leonard, Shoreditch, Hackney, England Spouse: Jeremiah Habbet/Abbott

According to the London Poor Law records Sarah married John Williams in Kings Norton Worcestershire c1810, but I haven't seen any marriages on any paying sites or free ones for Kings Norton. I think her maiden name was Archer, but I'm looking for the marriage to confirm this.

Many thanks

Amanda

I have also solved this one, the Poor Law record for Sarah wasn't correct she and John never married in Kings Norton. Their marriage took place 1811 Kingswinford Staffordshire and her surname was Hickman/s.

There is one question surrounding this, which is: another marriage took place for a John Williams and Sarah Hickman/s in Kingswinford in 1816, could this be the same couple? I would have said Hickman/s isn't a common name, but in this case it's a common name for the area.
Many thanks

Back