• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

JOHNS FAMILY HISTORY IN WALES

edgar42

From
Canada
Hello and greetings from Canada. Thanks for letting me aboard. As an Intro, i am an adult male just 11 days shy of my 77th birthday. i am born and raised
in Canada as was my father. My Grandfather came to Canada as a boy with his parents and siblings. As for my Genealogy I am of English, Welsh, Irish. And French Canadian ( which I have traced back to mid 1600,s) My Surname Johns is of Welsh background, according to a notation in old Family Bible the letter "S" was added to the John Surname about 1780. The area of Wales I research is Pembroke, Pembrokeshire and Fishguard. To make this quicker and easier i will attempt ( really struggle with computers , actually) to send attached file of notations copied from ancient family Bible. Abbra Ca Dabra.

Attachments

• Scan.jpeg
    Scan.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi Edgar

Welcome to the site, good luck with your research.

If you need help with anything, please ask.

If you want to start a new thread, the beginner's board is not a bad place to start, HERE. Click on the green box 'Post new thread'

Geoff

Back