• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Jones/Evans Marriage?

Hi all,
this is my first query on the site, so if i post something wrong, please tell me.

The welsh side of my family is a bit confusing to say the least. My parents were cousins, children of sisters, sadly this caused quite a rift in the family, moire so when they divorced, so sadly i had no contact with paternal grandparents.
I am trying to search for my real fathers family tree, without much sucess. I have my grandfathers birth cert and marriage cert, which gives me both parents names, but am struggling to find 'thier' marriage.
I have found a Jones/Evans, but am not 100% sure its them.

Blodwen Evans married ? Jones, June 1920, Merthyr T, 11a 2083.

I just cant find it the other way round, if you know what i mean, Arthur Jones married ? Evans.

Many thanks
Wendy.xxx

Can anyone tell me where to go and look.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Wendy,

I couldnt find Arthur Jones either in the index to match Blodwen Evans.

You will need to broaden your search by looking at different areas, Evans and Jones are not the best names to work with. What year was your grandfather born? :)

Hi, thanks for looking, my grandfather was born Ronald Llloyd Jones, 30/12/1921, registered Mar qtr 1922. I have looked all over Glamorgan, but have got no where, just can't match the 2 together, i suppose its a bit like looking for John Smith in England! Because I was struggling with this side of the family i thought getting the certs would help, they really havent, just caused more problems lol

Thanks for looking for me.
Wendy.xxx

Last edited:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

What does the fathers occupation say on Ronalds marriage certificate? This may help you further. I would try and send off for that 1920 marriage of Blodwen Evans to a ? Jones. It could be the right one. Its worth a try.

Ben

Thanks for all your help, am hoping by tommorow that my credits have kicked in on a search site, then i can play search around a bit without asking people to waste there money lol
On Ronald's birth cert fathers occupation is Labourer, on the marriage cert he is a colliery labourer (above ground).
On Ronalds birth cert in 1921 they were living at 10, Victoria Street, Caerau, Bridgend.
Its not fair, I want the 1921 Glamorgan census, let alone the 1911 glamorgan census! :2fun:
Thanks again
Wendy.xxx