• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

JONES John, Gloucestershire

From
New Zealand
Looking for the parents of John Jones born c1801 in West Dean married to Hannah Morgan born c1797 in Shortstanding, Joyford. They married Oct. 24 1825 in Staunton. They had 6 children, Mary Ann, Benjamin, John (my line), Elizabeth, James and Eliza. They are my GGGGrandparents and going back I seem to have hit the proverbial brick wall.

Hello Kath,

I wish you luck. :) I've not found anything to help you. My GG grandmother was born in Bristol in 1838 or so the family history says. There is no sign of her birth registration at all even though it's after the start of Civil Registration.

I have the birth and death of both parents but can't find their marriage date or place or registration anywhere. I have the grandparents but again can't find the marriage. I suspect because some of the children were baptised in NC chapels the marriages could possibly have been 'illegal' or at best NC and and thus very hard to find from Australia. I hope one day I can limp into the Bristol Office and search the records. :)

Regards,

Dave

Back