• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Joseph & Eliza. Ives

p.risboy

Staff member
From
England
Could some kind person please have a peek for children of:-

Joseph Ives b. 10/01/1877. Princes Risborough.
Elizabeth A. Ives(Cummings)c.1879. Canterbury.

Son - Frederick G. Ives b.1915 Canterbury.
Wife - Amelia Ives(Jones) b. 11/10/1912 ? d.1981

I'm almost sure they had 2/3 more children. I think a girl had a name of Kitty/Kate/Katy.

Living Canterbury, Kent.

Steve.:)

Last edited:
Hi Steve

Are you sure it is Canterbury?

There was an Ernest Ives born in 1913, mmn Cummings and Frederick G Ives mmn cummings born in 1915 both in West Derby, Liverpool, Lancashire.

A Harold Ives and Thomas F Ives birth were registered in the March Quarter of 1918 and March Quarter of 1920, mmn Cummings in West Derby, Lancashire.

Ben

I have them in the 1901census.

Joseph Ives B. 1877. Richboro.(Risborough) Bucks.
Eliza Ives b.1875 " " "

Alfred Ives- 8months. Canterbury.

Canterbury St.Mary Bredin

ED 13
House 33

Hi

They must have moved up there for work. Are these in your direct line or are they from an ancestor sibling or cousin etc?

Ben

Hi Steve

I often find that working on an ancestors sibling helps in going back further on direct ancestors.

Ben

I'm doing this the other way Benny.:D
I have Joseph's father, grandfather, gt.grandfather and have accounted for 9 siblings. Now i'm starting on his children and nephews etc. coming up to date.

I started in the middle, and worked back. And now forward. Does that make sense.
Doing this, I have accidently came accross other family members who married into my 'blood' line.
Method or madness :confused:

ooh, ooh, ooh. Another tree on Ancestry has the same Joseph and Elizabeth,

private tree, must make contact. :biggrin: How could I miss that.

Yes, yes. I know, I had my old glasses on.:eek: redf)

Success,:2fun: :2fun:
Have found actual living relatives of Joseph & Elizabeth. 2nd cousins ??

This is from a private tree on Ancestry, so I don't think I should put any more details up.

Frederick George Ives had two sisters and 1 brother. And Frederick George Ives had 2 children, and a 3rd from his second marriage.

I believe that the Joseph Ives you are researching is my grandfather, he died in 1959 - his son Frederick George Ives was my father who died in 1963 at the age of 48.
My father was married twice - he had two daughters by his first marriage - I met them only once or twice when I was a young boy in Garston (they needed their fathers permission to marry) one was named Mavis, I think.
I can give you details of my uncles and aunts, cousins etc if you have not already traced them.
What is your relationship, interest in them?
I am new to researching, and I do not know how much you are able to pass on, but any family history you can provide me with will be appreciated.

I am new to FHUK - a few days ago I posted a reply to you but I cannot see it appearing on the thread- am I doing something wrong?
Joseph and Eliza were my grandparents - Frederick George was my father. I can provide more family history - what is your relationship to Joseph?
Hope to hear from you
Ron

Hi
Frederick George Ives was my father - Joseph, my grandfather. What is your relationship/family interest?
I can provide you with more family details if you want - I would be interested in any details you could provide
I am new to searching my family history and so I am not sure if I am using this site correctly.
Please advise
Ron

Hi Ron,
I really don't know how I missed your posting. Oh yes I do, just remembered, I was in England on a visit for a couple of weeks.
Sorry, I should have scoured the forums.

I've also noticed that you are in Northampton, let me know by private message (PM) whereabouts.

Howdy cousin.:2fun: :2fun:

Hi Ron,
I really don't know how I missed your posting. Oh yes I do, just remembered, I was in England on a visit for a couple of weeks.
Sorry, I should have scoured the forums.

I've also noticed that you are in Northampton, let me know by private message (PM) whereabouts.

Howdy cousin.:2fun: :2fun:

Hi Ron,

I'm still here.:)

Back