• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Joseph Partridge London c1780

emeltee

Loyal Member
Hi,

I'm looking for confirmation of the birth of Joseph Partridge and in particular his parents. He was born circa 1780 in London, possibly Southwark. He married Margaret Holliman born Iver Bucks in 1802 at St Ann Soho.

There is an entry on family search for a Joseph Partridge born Southwark 1780 but no parents are given and I don't subscribe to a site giving London PRs.

I have looked at the trees on Mundia but they don't help, can anyone else?

Thanks,

Emeltee

Joseph Partridge born 1780 Southwark, Surrey. Christened 19 Nov 1780 same place.

His parents:

Joseph Samuel Partridge b.1757 Southwark, Surrey d.1824 Southwark, Surrey
Elizabeth Cranmer b. 1757 unknown.

Hope this helps :)

emeltee

Loyal Member
I've looked into that birth in 1780 and familysearch also has a Joseph Partridge born to Joseph Samuel and Elizabeth in 1790, baptised 29 Dec 1790. As you don't usually have two children with the same name I think that the Joseph born 1780 died and another son born 1790 was given the same name. If that is the case I am back to square one again!

Emeltee

emeltee

Loyal Member
Hi Glow,

Sorry to be doubting after you have been so kind, but are you sure that the parents were Joseph Samuel and Elizabeth as they did not marry until 1785.

I have found a tree which has Joseph Samuel marrying an Esther circa 1779 which fits with Joseph's birth in 1780. Presumably Esther dies and then Joseph Samuel marries Elizabeth Cranmer in Southwark in 1785 and they go on to have another Joseph baptised Southwark 29/12/1790

It's all so confusing!

Emeltee