• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Joseph Seager and Jane c 1715

emeltee

Loyal Member
In my tree I have a Joseph Seager born 1721 in Kingswinford, Staffordshire to a Joseph and Jane. The couple also had two other sons called William, one born 1716 who presumably died as his brother William was born 1718. I cannot find any other births/baptisms to this couple, probably because Joseph died in 1724. Although his Will doesn't appear to be on line, other paperwork is and it names his widow as Jane.

What I cannot find is their marriage. If the William born 1716 was their firstborn the the marriage would be circa 1714/15 at a guess. Previous history of the family show them varying between Kingswinford, Staffs and Oldswinford Worcestershire so possibly the marriage took place somewhere in that general area.

Can anyone find what I can't seem to? Note, there are various spellings of Seager - Seger, Segar, Sagar etc.

There is a marriage in Kingswinford in 1715 between a Joseph Seager and Ann Rowlinson. I cannot find any children from that marriage but am at a bit of a loss as to how Ann in the marriage would be likely to become Jane in the baptisms and the Will papers, so have so far discounted it.

Thanks,

Emeltee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr. BillEB 1851 Census Request 12
Ladybird1300 Help for Names or Surnames 5
DaveHam9 Births 25
Ladybird1300 Births 13
p.risboy Marriages 2
DaveHam9 Deaths 28