• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Judith ELDRIDGE

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
One tree has this as Mountfield:

Judith Eldridge
Christening Date 26 Nov 1758
Christening Place Sussex,
Father's Name Thomas Eldridge
Mother's Name Mary

Another tree has this:

Judith Eldridge
Birth 1760 Ewhurst, Sussex
Death 1797 Brede, Sussex

Stephen FURNER & Judith ELDRIDGE
10 Nov 1780 Ewhurst, Sussex
Batch: M148041

Another tree has 2nd marriage ??

26 Dec 1797 Udimore, Sussex
Stephen Furner
Elizabeth Emily Toucher

Deaths Jun 1839 FURNER Stephen [81] Rye 7 309

Dave

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
I found the baptism in Sussex but doesn't say where and the marriage in Ewehurst. But I can't see a death for Judith.

I didn't see a source for the death on any of the trees on Ancestry, and I noticed some have a different date 1793.

Not all Parish records are online from Sussex, I'm looking for some myself.
Couldn't see a marriage for Stephen either, they may have a CD of these records.

Amanda

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks Amanda.

Yes, Sussex is a problem at the moment. Several baptisms on FS for a Judith but none that look to fit.

The marriage in 1780 and the death for Stephen are the only events that seem right. It's possible he married a second time.

Dave

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
There is a tree on FS which says Judith was baptised Mountfield Sussex, but they don't have a death for her. I couldn't see another marriage for Stephen either.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks Amanda.

Seems to be a reasonably common name so there could well be one baptised Mountfield 1758 and one in Ewhurst in 1760.

I can't find that 'second' marriage.

Every baptism and marriage before 1795 of a Furner is a 'probable' because no birth/baptism can be found 1795/1796 for my ancestor Charles. There is one huge tree that has his line going back to 1666.

Dave