• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Just a quick introduction 😁😁

Lucyd

Hello all,

I have been doing my family tree on and off for about 6 years, i took over my fathers side for him as he was struggling to get any further. I have since started on my mothers side also.

The surnames I am connected to are:-
(Paternal side)
WILLIAMS (Swansea valleys), SCOTT (Swansea valleys,Pembrokeshire, littleton middlesex) EADIE/ADIE (South Leith scotland), PASSMORE (Wales), BUTLER (Pembrokeshire)

(Maternal side)
WILLIAMS (more than 1 branch) (Glamorgan, Llandrindod wells,Preston) SALTER (Penarth, Glamorgan, Devon) HARRIS (Swansea valleys) GRIFFITHS (Swansea valleys, Carmarthan) JAMES (Swansea valleys) THOMAS (Swansea valleys) THOMPSON/TOMPSON and BUNN (Hereford)

If there is anyone who may be related to any of these families and i could possibly help with information please dont hesitate to ask 😁😁

Lucyd

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the welcome and reply.

Do you have any of these people in your tree?

Hannah Harris b circa 1881(parents unknown), she married William Salter in pontardawe 1905.

Dafydd (aka David) Williams, born 1898 in ynysmaedw. He married Edith Griffiths 1921 and had a son Thomas Glyndwr also in 1921.
Dafydds parents were Thomas and Elizabeth Williams, he also had a brother William john Williams.

Thank you
Lucy 😁