• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Just a quick question...

ral91

Valued Member
Hi everyone, I just want to ask for your opinions. I am searching a particular line and believe I have the right people; for instance, all the dates are feasible and the occupations of fathers support what I know so far etc. I have also found the other children of various sets of parents and all looks like it slots into place, but is there anything else I could do to further confirm this. As an amateur, I am unsure and would appreciate your help :) It is largely baptisms I have and marriages on an****ry

Ryan

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Ryan,

Everyone has their own methods, but I try to get the birth certs to confirm the baptisms, as they give more info. Date of birth and adresses to start with.
I only get the ones that are crucial to the line I'm following, and they remove any doubt.

If most of your rellies are in London, then you are lucky with most of the marriages.

If there is no doubt for your rellies, with what you have, then that will save you packets.

Get as much information, from whatever 'free' sources you can find.

You will still have to part with some cash at some point.

Steve.:)

ral91

Valued Member
Thanks Steve

Most if not all marriages and baptisms are in London, but the people I'm searching are 1750's (and earlier when I find baptisms for them) and onwards, so I wouldn't be able to obtain certificates anyway :(

That said, you're right about the cash - I think my next move will be the Huguenot Society (I think I've gone on and on about these rellies in another thread)

Ryan