• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Just thought i would share this with you

gibbo

Loyal Member
Just thought i would share with you that i am going on my first holiday in nearly 9 years after getting sick with CFS. I am finally well enough to travel and i credit alot of my improving with doing this family research as it has kept my mind active and meeting new people, even if it has been on the computer. I would like to thank everybody for been so readily available and willling to help and wish i had found this site 18 months ago when i first started searching the family. Now my holiday, we are going to Bundaberg to visit my parents and my Auntie from Engalnd is here on holiday as well so i will be meeting her for the first time to. Lots of family gossip!!!:D one can only hope. Will find out about the gossip part on the week end. It is all very exciting [well for me anyway] We go on Friday and will be back in 10 days unless hubby dumps me on the side of the road as i talk alot so a couple of days in the car with me will probably drive him crazy:2fun:

gibbo

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gibbo,
Are you sure 10 days is long enough.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hope you have a great time, and I'm sure you'll give us the gossip when you return. Don't forget your pencil a paper/camera/camcorder/and laptop. You just might need it all for your family history.

Steve.:)

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi, Yep got all my back up gear as i dont rely on the brain to remember things as it has senior moments at times:2fun:
gibbo

duckweed

Loyal Member
I know how you feel. I have chronic M.E and may not go out for months at a time. Family Research keeps me going. It has brought me some interesting contacts and has brought me closer to my brother who is also doing family research. I've started doing the history of the places and occupations in the family too which is turning into an academic paper. Enjoy your trip.