• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Kilbride,County Mayo,Western Ireland.

:kissu:Hi,I am out of "my roots" here , usually on the welsh roots , but.. i am helping a disabled, elderly lady,elizabeth bitsios (married a greek & had 3 sons)nee doherty,as a child she lived with her parents on a farm in kilbride,county mayo,her dads name was martin doherty,& her mums name before marriage was elizabeth McCauly,liz my friend was born in 1936 & lived on this farm with her parents, on the tip of the coast.liz was taught nursing in a convent, she left home (i think) in her twenties ??she became a psychiatric nurse ,private patients,liz has told me such shocking stories how life was in these nursing homes,and also such funny stories ,i want to help her find any family left in the place she lived with her parents.Liz is someone i will never forget,what a kind,loving &wonderful colourful character,i feel privalliged to have met her.Martin doherty's dad had same name & apparently belonged to a french connection the surname of "LAVELLE" or "LEAVELLE" who went over ireland with "hubbards men" hiding in the mountains after most were killed ,another surname is cliffords on her mums side ,catholics ,grateful of any help.thnx gill.xxx