• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Kite

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help on this puzzling circumstance. I have a Charles Milton Kite that was born 5/29/1816 in Folkestone, Kent, England and died 1/18/1858 in Jackson, Cape Girardeau County, Missouri. He married a Sarah Ann Howard on 10/18/1846 in Cape Girardeau County, Missouri. I know from the 1850 Census for Cape Girardeau that he was born in England; upon searching the records for Kent, England I came across a Charles Milton Kite who was the son of Charles Kite and Elizabeth Milton that was born on the date that I had.
Now comes the puzzling part; I located this Charles Milton Kite in the 1840's census record for Kent which he was married to a Sarah. However, the Sarah that my Charles married never left the Cape Girardeau County area. As I proceeded searching the England records I found where the other Charles Milton Kite died in England, which then told me that it couldn't be my Charles since I have a copy of his will from Cape Girardeau. I've checked everywhere that I know and could never find any kind of records indicating where my Charles ever came to the US, but obviously I know that he did. What are the odds of there being two Charles Milton Kite's being born on the same day, month and year in the same place.
Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks,
Rick