• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Labourer ?? bank

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi

Can anyone give me any insight to what the ?? bank would have been. The census reads as

Edwin 16 born Bentley Yorkshire. occ Labourer, ?? bank

In 1901 when the census was taken they lived in the parish of Scarscliffe.
thanks

gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo,

Did you work this out.

Steve.:)
Hi Steve

Not yet but i will!! I enlarged it and printed it off and got my magnifying glasses out and those black lines through it make it hard to see it properly. Its got my interest tho, labourer and bank, maybe they worked on the building site building a bank. Thanks for helping.

gibbo