• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lancashire roots

Minden

From
England
Hello to all here!

My family history is nearly complete (in the most important areas), but there are plenty of mysteries I'd like to solve; perhaps you can help.

I'm the first one in my direct family NOT to have been born with a day's walk of Blackburn since around 1690, so I'm letting the side down a bit (not as much as the great-grandad who married a Yorkshirewoman, though)!

Hi,

welcome Just post the questions that you would like answers to in the relevant forums and we will do our best to answer them. This is a very friendly site and always try to find answers to questions.

welcome again and hope you enjoy being a member.

Happy New Year

Ed

Hi, I'm a Lancashire Woman who married a Yorkshire man. Turns out that both our mothers family came from the lake district and many years ago a member of his branch married into mine. His fathers side came from Lincolnshire it turned out 5 generations ago. My fathers on the other hand are Prescotts from Kirby and Wigan though they did have a few non Lancastrians marry in. I was born in Chorley which is still Lancashire. My brother was born in Lancashire but he is now Cumbrian.

Back