• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Leader/tranter

From
England
Hi there

Does anyone have any information on a magaret leader married to Samuel John tranter please I have come to a stand still on my family tree with margaret leader ?
Or any information on a Daniel tranter 1780 married to Sarah waile 1786 I think ?

Thanks

We need a little more info if possible please :)

Do you have a birth year and place of birth for Samuel John tranter and Margaret? When and where they married? And parents names?
Do you have any info to confirm they were in Australia?

Last edited:
I did find this death index

NSW death index

14235/1898 TRANTER MARGARET father UNKNOWN mother UNKNOWN District JERILDERIE

I'll see if i can find more to help confirm its the right family.

Headstone for Margaret

Cemetery: Jerilderie General NSW
Person Id: 7991564
Surname: Trantor
Given Names: Margaret
Birth Date: 1826?
Death Date: 2 Dec 1898
Portion: RC
Row: A

http://austcemindex.com/inscription.php?id=7991564

Edited..

It appears that this Margaret was married to a Thomas Tranter.

Jerilderie Herald and Urana Advertiser
Friday 2 December 1898

TRANTER. — At the residence of Mrs.Horgaii, Nowranie-street, Jerilderie, on 2nd December, Margaret, the relict of the late Mr. Thomas Tranter of Kulki. Aged 80 years.

Last edited:
Or any information on a Daniel tranter 1780 married to Sarah waile 1786

Thanks

Daniel Tranter was born 1771 in Birmingham, and died 1845 in Dudley. He married Sarah Waile on 07 Aug 1797 in Kingswinford Staffs

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.co...rris-middlesbrough/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0861.html

Name: Daniel Tranter
Spouse's Name: Sarah Waile
Event Date: 07 Aug 1797
Event Place: St. Mary'S, Kingswinford, Stafford, England

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N6SK-LLS

If you need anything more on Daniel and Sarah you would be better off posting a new thread in the English forum.

Last edited:
Births Mar Qtr 1900
Tranter Samuel John Middlesbro' 9d 653

Is it this marriage?

Marriages Jun Qtr 1920
Bagley Margaret -Tranter Middlesbro' 9d 1649
Tranter Samuel J -Bagley Middlesbro' 9d 1649

Hi thankyou everyone for your help sorry I did not even realise this was not a English forum . Some of the tranter family are from and live in New Zealand but il try English forum I do not have marriage dates or much else I have came to a stand still with Margaret and could not get any further

Thanks

Hi there

Does anyone have any information on a magaret leader married to Samuel John tranter please I have come to a stand still on my family tree with margaret leader ��

Thanks

Hi Nicole
I think I may have an answer. this is what I think..

Samuel John Tranter born 1900 M'boro had siblings Edith Annie 1898, Miriam 1902, Harry 1904, Lillian 1908 and Ethel May 1910.
his parents were James Tranter born 1875 M'boro and Margaret Jane Leadley born 1877 M'boro, - they married Sep qtr 1897 M'boro.

James father was Samuel 1853 Brierley Hill Staffs who in 1911 had been married to Hannah Elizabeth Leadley 1855 Whitby for 10 years (dec qtr 1900) but had no children. I think they had been living as man and wife for some time before this. Sam married Rachael Skelton in Stockton dec qtr 1871 who was the mother of James. James aged 6 was living with his grandparents in 1881, William Henry 1826 Plymouth and Harriett 1829 Delph

Deaths Mar 1884
Tranter Rachel 29 Middlesbro' 9d 370

William Henry married Harriet. His parents were George 1806 and Elizabeth 1811

Marriages Dec 1845
ROGERS Harriet Dudley 18 389
TRANTER William Henry Dudley 18 389

Samuel John 1900 married Margaret Bagley in 1920 and had son Samuel J in 1941 who married Rita Davies in 1961, all in M'boro.

Samuel and Rita had daughter

Births Mar 1966

TRANTER SHARON JANE, mother DAVIES, MIDDLESBRO 1B 990

dave

Last edited:
I hope this is the right family. It all seems to fit but....

It looks as if the Margaret Jane Leadley born 1877 M'boro, married to James Tranter, was the daughter of Hannah Elizabeth 1856 Whitby who's 2nd marriage was to James's father Samuel. Hannah nee Outhwaite 1st husband was James Leadley 1856 Whitby

Marriages Sep 1874

LEADLEY James Stockton 10a 120
Outhwaite Hannah Elizabeth

--------------------------------

Deaths Sep 1900

Leadley James A 44 Middlesbro' 9d 405

As mentioned before, I believe Hannah had been living with Samuel before they got married in Dec qtr 1900. The death of James Leadley in sep qtr 1900 made the marriage possible

-------------------------------------------

Marriages Dec 1849

Anderson Margaret Whitby 24 719
Leadley Isaac Whitby 24 719

--------------------------------------
Births Mar 1856

LEADLEY James Anderson Whitby 9d 377

Last edited:
Hi thanks everyone for helping me lots of that information is a help and some I already have on my tree .
Dave yes that is correct families .
Sharon tranter is my mother and Rita is my gran ?
It is just the Daniel tranter 1780 that I can not get any further with his parents etc ...

Thanks

Also I Jane checked my tree and Samuel John tranter from 1900 married Margaret bagley I think I'd said leader but I think that is someone further down my tree married to someone else .
Sorry I'm new to it all so just learning it's very mind boggling sometimes ?

Back