• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Lest We Forget..

leefer

Loyal Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Kenna

Brave beyond words,RIP and thankyou and all the others who gave the ultmate.
I wrote a poem a few years back,hope you dont mind me putting it on here...its not Sassoon or the other great war poet and my favourite Owen but anyway..

One mans horror,
One mans dream,
One mans glory,
Another mans scream.

One mans medal,
One mans legs,
One man takes aim,
Another man begs.

One mans smiling,
One man cries,
One man lives,
As another man dies.

One mans honour,
One mans beat,
One mans won yards,
Anothers lost feet.

One man loses,
One man wins,
One war finishes,
Another begins.

leefer

Loyal Member
And eight more young chaps being driven through my Town...Swindon today.
Its a disgrace in my opinion....the town of Wooten Bassett near Swindon gave them a guard of honour as is normal now....but events like this shouldnt be normal,it makes my blood boil....RIP to all eight of them.

gibbo

Loyal Member
And eight more young chaps being driven through my Town...Swindon today.
Its a disgrace in my opinion....the town of Wooten Bassett near Swindon gave them a guard of honour as is normal now....but events like this shouldnt be normal,it makes my blood boil....RIP to all eight of them.
Hi Lee
I agree that these events shouldnt be the "norm". What ever the nationality these soldiers are dying and there families will never be the same again and what for??? I hope all the soldiers who lost their lives RIP and those still there come home safely.

gibbo